Many industries may be on a slowdown, however the auditing cycle continues!
The Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) is established to support transparency and accountability in the Australian Government sector through independent reporting to Parliament via the Auditor-General. This is achieved in a large part via a rolling schedule of independent audits on government entities. This week we look at two new auditing opportunities issued by the ANAO.
The first is for ANAO Internal Audit Services 2020-23. The ANAO itself is not exempt for being audited and as such is seeking the services of an internal auditor that would:
– provide assurance to the Auditor-General that ANAO financial and operational controls designed to manage the organisation’s risks and achieve the entity’s objectives are operating in an efficient, effective and ethical manner; and
– assist management in improving the entity’s business performance.
To qualify for this Request for Tender (RFT) you must be a registered company auditor and hold the required insurances. This contract is expected to commence June 2020 and run for 3 years. This RFT closes on 30th April 2020.
The second opportunity is for Financial Statement Audits 2021-2023 Tranch 1. The scope of work for the RFT is to assist the ANAO in undertaking financial statement audits of specified government agencies/organisations over a three year period. The aim of these audits is to provide an independent assessment of the operations of public sector organisations, with the organisations nominated as follows:
1. Australian Federal Police
3. Seacare Authority
4. Australian Electoral Commission
5. Defence Housing Australia
6. Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
7. Australian Fisheries Management Authority.
As with the internal audit RFT above, you must be a registered company auditor and hold the required insurances. In addition, nominated staff will need to have a security clearance to at least Baseline level, or, the ability to gain a security clearance to Baseline level. The closing date for this opportunity is 11th May 2020.