While NSW has seen its construction industry impacted over the last few weeks, in general construction remains one of the industries where work continues despite lockdowns and COVID. From government’s perspective, planning for construction projects continues with Requests For Tender (RFT) continuing to be released for opportunities at all levels of government, in all states. This week we look at an Expression of Interest (EOI) opportunity issued by Airservices Australia as they anticipate a number of future construction projects occurring in regional and major centres across Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia.
The EOI is for the Provision of Construction Services (Major & Minor) and is expected to operate as two Tranches at all locations as follows:
1. Tranche 1
• Consisting of minor construction works which may include upgrading existing facilities to accommodate alternate functions e.g. parent rooms, multi-faith rooms, combined parent and multi-faith rooms or gender neutral locker/change rooms.
• Indicative value of works range from $40,000 to $70,000
• Indicative completion timeframe is 8-12 weeks from Contract award.
2. Tranche 2
• Consisting of major construction upgrades to existing Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting Services (ARFF) operational stations including design, supply, construction and commission of an ARFF station.
• Indicative value of works for a ARFF Station is approximately $200,000 to $1,500,000
• Indicative completion timeframe within 6-12 months from Contract award.
Suppliers can apply for one or both Tranches and one or more region or site location being cognisant of the fact that the tranche descriptions are just guidelines at this stage. It is to be noted that while this is not a guarantee of any future procurement process, only suppliers that have submitted an EOI will be invited to participate in future related procurements should they proceed.
Responses to the EOI close Tuesday 10 August 2021.