The Department of Defence’ research and development arm is the Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG). Within it, sits the Scientific Engineering Services (SES) team, which is a high end professional engineering and fabrication capability that aims to provide integrated, multidisciplinary, leading edge, rapid response and innovative scientific engineering solutions to complex problems. This week, DSTG is seeking the provision of Engineering Support Services to augment the SES’ APS workforce, based in Edinburgh South Australia, in delivering engineering services which meet current and future engineering requirements across multiple technology areas. Specifically the department is seeking:
– Mechanical engineering design and analysis services
– Mechanical fabrication services
– Electronics design services
– Electronics fabrication services
– Scientific applied imaging and photography services
– Additional Engineering support such has trials and project management.
The evaluation criteria is provided in a high level of detail, so tenders should ensure their response addresses each criteria as provided. The contract term is expected to run for 10 years commencing 1 July 2020. An industry Brief will be held at DST site Fishermans Bend on 22 August, and the RFT closes 23 Oct 19.